Monday, January 02, 2012

Diet? Seriously!

I may still be cute at 194 lbs. but OMG, sooo unhealthy!
I was not surprised to see my weight soar up to 194 lbs (6 more pounds and I'm off to the auditions of "The Biggest Loser)! 2011 was full of adventure (and misadventure too) that kept me munching to keep my sanity. But of course, who am I to blame destiny for my obesity? I am still answerable for my decisions, right?

Here I am again, trying to plan out ways to lose weight because I feel so unhealthy now that I am having a hard time breathing and climbing even just two flights of stairs. Honestly, I look like a compound of fish eggs (BIHOD!) I've always thought that I am only 'til 45 years old because of my neverending smoking, etc. and the added years will be a bonus, but now I'm afraid that I may not reach 40 if I don't start taking care of myself.

I'm going to start slow but sure. Let me walk you through my plan towards a happier and healthier me and if I'm missing steps, let me know. :D

* Rice is my ultimate enemy therefore I have to do something. Cut rice back to 1 cup ASAP! Thanks to my friends at work, Ems and Peter for they ignore my heart-piercing stare everytime they say no to my plea of even just 1/2 cup of extra rice. As early as now, thanks a lot guys.

* Avoid fast food as much as possible. I know I won't be able to spend more time with my favorite muskeeterettes, Joanne and Cathy but I know they would understand why I have to look away from the oil-drenched fries.

* Goodbye to Coke for now. I may have had good times with this concoction but hey, I'd be helping myself lower down my blood sugar and all.

* Red Horse has been an all-time buddy so I don't think I can leave it behind. So, I'll stick to my regimen of 1 Liter the most per month. :D

* Walk for life. I have to start appreciating long walks again. With the help of an Ipod, for sure I'm going to enjoy it.

* Rest whenever I can. In this busy world, I would most of the time allow sleep-deprivation. This time, I know loving my bed is one of the best gifts I can give myself.

* Love myself! Because if I don't, I wouldn't know how to appreciate life more.

To those who are inclined to weight loss, just remember to do this for yourself because you deserve to enjoy the goodness that only life can offer.

I'm going to make this blog as my channel, one article per month, to check out if I'm making a progress or not. I hope I do good. Good luck to me (and my food blog) in my quest for a healthier Remilyn. :D

Happy Thoughts!

2 comments:

  1. Never to late to start - if you need a walking/running buddy, - I run at the govt center daily if I can ( 09264064514 ) so let me know. Best of luck for a healthier 2012

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I can run but I can surely walk with you! Thanks a lot Liz for the support and for following my blog. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete