Wednesday, November 02, 2011

The "No Win" Burger



I was at Dalumbalay Burger Station today. After so many months of passing by the dainty refreshment, finally hubby and I decided to try their burgers. We ordered the DBB's Original (All In) basing on its inviting ingredients such as more meat, cheese, tomato, lettuce, onions, ham, bacon, pepperoni,pineapple and mushroom. For P130, I imagined eating it the sloppy way since it seemed to have offered a lot. I told myself, "I'm going to be smiling even if I'm so sick." The simplicity of the place made me feel I'm up for a home-made burger, like no other.

To my dismay, my palate fantasy disappeared into thin air when I checked out my order. The bun was a bit dry, the pineapple was 1/4 size of the regular one, instead of a bacon strip, it had approximately 1 tablespoon of bacon bits, a small pepperoni, mini ham, and 4 mini mushroom slices. 

In fairness the taste of their patty was ok and their lettuce was fresh but I don't think it would pass for its price for it did not offer anything spectacular. I have clearly fallen into a trap by false advertising and exaggerated campaigns by those who claim the place to be all worth it. In other words, I was duped!

Good thing that I was not able to really deal with my food since I was with my hubby and the two other muskeeteers who provided the fun and laughter. 

The next time I want to spend more than a hundred for a burger, I think I would just settle for Planta's Western Bacon Burger (P160) or Business Inn's American Cheeseburger (P100), which by the way would be a totally separate article worth writing about. 

4 comments:

  1. or Tio Sid's! grabe the price bah, 130?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try El Grande Burger of BUGLAS Coffee Bar, beside Chinabank Savings - Lacson st.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Cat- As in P130 and it's not offering anything spectacular cat. Since I cook and do marketing, I can give a price for this burger...net would be around P45 pesos. This could be sold for P70-80 tops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Wacky - We do plan to try the burger at Buglas. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

    ReplyDelete