Monday, March 05, 2012

"SUMMER FEVER"

The Heat is on! School ends in a couple of days and I am just so excited to think of all the things I can do with Cassie! I bet she is ecstatic as I am to have all the free time. Besides I am pretty sure that her granny also has activities for her like joining the annual Daily Vacation Bible School and perhaps even tutoring. So I will have to set activities for her.

1.  General Cleaning. Of course, with Cassie's hectic schedule at school, her things are tossed aside like crazy. So, in order for us to have a murmur-free summer from granny, we have to make sure that everything's back in place before starting our "Summer Fever". An ice pop would definitely perk up a tired Cassie after the cleanup. This would also be a good training ground for her to appreciate how easy life can be if you don't start messing up. :)


2.  Water Fun - We have always motivated Cassie to compete in swimming. Although, she hasn't been able to practice recently, she is still looking forward to compete this April. Allowing Cassie to surpass her boarders is the key in preparing her on how to compete in the "Adult World". This is the best training since she is taught the value of perseverance and how to compete against herself and overcome her limitations. Also to let her know that it's paradise to beat others but it's heaven to see that one could overcome boundaries. Hopefully it's not too late to prep her for the summer qualifiers.


3.  Scribble, Scribble, Scribble - Cassie has a bit of an awful handwriting. Writes some letter in awkwardly reverse ways, not minding the value of the lines on her paper. She will be given an hour each day to practice writing in order to develop speed and control over her mind and digitalis. In order to make it fun for her, I will encourage her to start a diary, where she can write everything she's done this summer. I bet it would also improve her vocabulary and hopefully get rid of her developing scatterbrain.


4. Revive CRIB Photography - As early as 6 years old, Cassie has been taking photos with her dad. I know she has an eye so I will personally make sure she will get back on track and start loving photography again. It's not just taking clear pictures but what's more important is capturing what stories life has to show through photographs. I am positive that she'll do good in photography that's why I'm giving her 1000% support.

5. The Gang - Life would be depressing for Cassie not to have time with "The Gang"! Ei, nothing violent about it. Her "Gang" consists of kids in the neighborhood that she plays with...hehehe. From, badminton, to driving a "trisikad", it only means more fun fun fun!

6. Granny Time - Cassie would be spending a lot of time with granny because I know she'll miss her much when she goes to the US this August. Lots, of malling, Greenwich, Chowking and trips to the TDC office. Better be good and behave Cassie.

7. Cartoon-Athon - Cassie would sometimes think that watching cartoons would keep her a baby forever. Even if she watched them 50 times, she just wouldn't budge. A good quality time with mommy too that is. So I better start preparing the dvds and checherias and it's gonna be MOVIETIME EVERY TIME!

8. Cooling out would be the next best thing in this scorching heat. For sure, Cassie will demand coolers like halo-halo, maize con hielo, ice pop and the all-time favorite, ICE CREAM!

9 and 10. MOMMY-TIME! I have been depriving Cassie of quality time when I was working so I'll make sure I make it up to her. (That's why it's occupying two slots!) I still don't know what specifics that we are going to do but for sure, no matter how simple they will be, we'll have super fun because we're together.


I hope Cassie will like what I have in store for her. Nothing spectacular but intricately thought of.

Happy Thoughts This Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment