Sunday, May 13, 2012

Thank you, My Angels...


I woke up rather early today and found one of the greatest gifts I have ever gotten in my life. Nadine, my eldest daughter, posted on my facebook page, their gift to me for Mother's Day. Tears ran down my face as I try to reminisce with every photo of the slideshow because I never thought any of those moments would also be meaningful to them as much as it were for me.

Being the coolest mom (in Nadine's point of view), is priceless for I know that I only raised them on ways I know how. I started wondering which part I'm cool at. Is it because I still dig their music genres?  Or is it because I cook a mean adobo? I don't exactly have any idea of what their criteria is but nevertheless, I am grateful that they see my parenting skills that way.

I became a mother at 18 with so little knowledge and extremely unprepared. But despite of it all, I bravely fought my fear of being unfit and tried my hardest to be a good one. I would stumble from time to time yet I never thought of stopping to do things right.

By 30, I had another blessing, this time, with every bit of intention to make things work to the best of my capacity.

With two children at hand, I would still fall to the ground and falter. But miraculously, I would get back on my feet, as if nothing happened.

Nadine and Cassie have always been my strength and even if I would get lost along the way, they are just there, waiting for me to make up to them.

I know I'm still full of imperfections but God knows I try my hardest. 

To my children, Nadine and Cassie, always remember that I only want the best for both of you. I've seen how cruel life could be as a result of my mistakes and I never want to see anyone of you have a taste of it. I hope you both understand why I would sometimes be overly strict. Please learn from me and my mistakes, my sweet angels.

Keep in mind that as long as I am breathing, I will be beside you both. 

I love you both so much and thank you for remembering me on this special day.



No comments:

Post a Comment