Thursday, October 20, 2011

My Masskara Day Off

Oct.14, 2011 - It was a hot midday when Cathy and I decided to taste the Masskara Fever. Since we like to do a lot of malling, we thought of starting at the plaza and occupied ourselves with the different merchandise offered on the sidewalk. We had good food, new discoveries, new experiences and most of all FUN FUN FUN! 

Let me tell my story with photographs courtesy of my friend Cathy's point and shoot camera, my Nokia C3 and of course my hubby's keen eye and dslr. 






The first stall that I spent at was selling shades and different kinds of key chains. I never expected to find one of a pig from the popular game "Angry Birds" and guess what? It was only P20 and with a personalized lettering too. I know I got more than a good deal.  
SM was our sanctuary amidst the scorching heat and Kaisei Restaurant save us from hunger after an hour of strolling. A bowl of Gyu Yakiniku Don for me and some California Maki did the trick.








This foil-pressed souvenir shirt is worth every penny for P300 pesos. I tried to haggle but since this was sold only at the mall, it was next to impossible to get a discount. This is manufactured by entrepreneurs from Iloilo City.














  This stall at the plaza sold their souvenir shirts at P150 for the regular sizes and P180 for the bigger ones. As early as 1pm, people swarmed the stall to get their hands on the shirts. Although, the material of the shirts are not so special yet it was definitely pocket-friendly.






I had a feeling that I won't be at the Masskara Dance Parade so I decided to get at least a glimpse of the festive costumes at the mall









Next stop was the all-time favorite "Karnabal". It was a bit early when we checked it out so it wasn't jum-packed yet. Except for one or two who rode the Octopus Ride, young and old fascinated themselves betting on the color game, I hope they were winning. :D




At around 5:30pm we decided to invade Lacson Strip. After picking up Joanne, we strolled the 19th St. and back to LFisher and ended in front of L Sea. Check out the juicy inasal of Chicken Deli (photo by  Cathy A.)

For more photos of the Electric Masskara just check Owen's blog: 

2 comments:

  1. What a great Masskara strolling you've made Rem. This special festivities brings unity to our City. People from Bacolod and all over the world have a blasts to witness this special event every year. Thanks a million for sharing this wonderful events with us. xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that next year you will be able to experience masskara too. :D

    ReplyDelete