Saturday, October 15, 2011

Puppet Masskara: A New Window For Bacolod's Creative Youth

My festival experience became much more colorful after I witnessed the newly conceptualized Puppet Masskara. 

City Officials are flocked by photographers and spectators
As Cathy and I roamed around the tattoo stalls, we met some co-workers that told us about a show going on at the heart of the Public Plaza, sort of like a "Moriones show." 

Of course, after spending like 4 hours at the mall, we felt that at least we'll have an authentic Masskara activity and not just posing with the costume displays. 

It came to a surprise to me that a lot of people were there to witness the event together with the city officials and lots and lots of photographers. I think I was one of those who never really digested the posted schedule of the festival. Nevertheless, thanks to Cathy's P&S, I was able to capture some photos of the Puppet Masskara.


The Corpse Bride (My Personal Fave!)

ARFIEN students eagerly await for their turn to perform

This student gives life and grace to the puppet


Puppets' own rendition of the Masskara Dance


Big thanks to the ARFIEN students of La Consolacion College-Bacolod for sharing their creative juices (and also their resources) in order to contribute to the success of the festival. I just hope that in the years to come, these gifted students won't have to shell out from their own allowance just to give the festival more variety.

2 comments:

  1. Love all the photographs. It seems like I was there too. Thanks Rem! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're always welcome Ray! More photos and stories to come. :D

    ReplyDelete